The Federation organises a number of competitions in both the Autumn and Spring.
The Autumn competitions are:
- Traditional Philately (Arthur Saxton Trophy)
- Thematic Competition
- Postal History (George Thorpe Trophy)
- Postal Stationery
- Social Philately (Elizabeth Millar Trophy)
- Revenue Class Competition
- Cinderella Competition
- The Morecambe Trophy (NB 32 sheets)
In addition, the Novice’s Trophy may be awarded for any entry, providing that the entrant has never taken part in a competition above Society level and that no part of the entry has ever been placed in any competition above Society level.
The Spring Competitions are:
- The President’s Inter-Society John Crowther Trophy (NB Two 16-sheet submissions in different classes from two members of the same Society)
- The Rose Bowl Inter-Society Competition (ONE 9-page entry only allowed from each local society – normally the winning entry from the society’s own senior competition.)
- Postcard Competition
Entries for all competitions, unless otherwise stipulated above, should comprise 16 sheets and should be submitted in the form of PHOTOCOPIES to the Competition Secretary, Adrian Jones 3a Westhoughton Road, Adlington, Chorley PR7 4EU (tel 01257 671342) by the due date.