The Federation organises a number of competitions in both the Autumn and Spring.
The Autumn Competitions are:
- Traditional Philately (Arthur Saxton Trophy)
- Thematic Competition
- Postal History (George Thorpe Trophy)
- Postal Stationery
- Social Philately (Elizabeth Millar Trophy)
- Revenue Class Competition
- Cinderella Competition
- The Morecambe Trophy (NB 32 sheets)
In addition, the Novice’s Trophy may be awarded for any entry, providing that the entrant has never taken part in a competition above Society level and that no part of the entry has ever been placed in any competition above Society level.
The Spring Competitions are:
- The Rose Bowl Inter-Society Competition (ONE 9-page entry only allowed from each local society – normally the winning entry from the society’s own senior competition.)
- Postcard Competition
- Single Page Competition
[Note – The President’s Inter-Society Trophy has been withdrawn to allow the Autumn Competition, for individual society member’s entries, to be re-established. It may be reinstated in the future.]
Entries for all competitions, unless otherwise stipulated above, should comprise 16 sheets and should be submitted in the form of PHOTOCOPIES to the Competition Secretary, Dave Rothery, 192 Blake Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 5RR (Tel 01229 827991) by the due date.